Sunday, December 2, 2012

Willkommen!

Welcome to version 2.0 of this blog that I'd forgotten for a year and a half. I wanted a place to post about design and other creative things without having to go through Tumblr. Lo and behold, here it is! After much procrastination, of course. It is me, after all!

I'm wild about this 1960s-inspired Fillmore Sofa by Thrive Furniture. The Polyester denim blend in "Lucky Turquoise" is absolutely dreamy, and the blonde stain on the wood makes me weak at the knees. Would this be a sofa appropriate for napping and movie watching? Probably not. However, it would effortlessly brighten up a room. At $1,899, I don't think I'll be owning this anytime soon, but a girl can dream, right?


Have you ever seen such an incredible chest? (Hardy har har, Jessica)
The beauty of this piece of furniture is in the exaggerated details of something as ordinary as wood grain. Made of mixed materials, designer Richard Woods has really created something beautiful. Unfortunately, it's even more unattainable than the Thrive sofa, at $4,250. Doesn't stop me from staring, though!


Why shouldn't someone arrange their colored pencils this beautifully? Organized and visually stunning. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment