Friday, February 4, 2011

Some of my favorite design-related websites.


We all have favorites, right? I know I do! Some of my favorite websites are places at which I've never spent money, but I appreciate the design and/or the product. Here are some of the best.


Moo.com is a terribly stupid name. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is and I had to say it before raving about them, because I don't want anyone to think that I think the name is adorable or catchy. I don't. It's stupid and I hate it. However, the website is phenomenal. I was first turned on to the site when Flickr had a promotion for its Pro members; free "MiniCards" printed with your own Flickr photos. Anything free is good, unless it's some sort of disease or rotting food. Free = I want. I immediately customized my tiny little cards (they're really, really small) and ordered them to be sent immediately. I loved them. I promptly lost them, of course, but the few days that I had them I thought they were great. Perfect size for slipping in a wallet, great quality cardstock, and they even came in a tiny little box.

Since that experience, I have not been a patron at Moo.com. Not for lack of want, however; I considered ordering my professional business cards from their service, but the prices are a bit steep. I do love the site's design and the product examples, so if I ever make any money I'll consider placing an order with them. And to make this company cooler? I just discovered that you can order custom StickerBooks. Does anyone want to order one for me?




Dornob.com is a fabulous design website. If you want to see the most bizarre, modern architectural and design trends, take a look at this. I'd say that half of the entries on the site are inspiring and the other half is absurd. Either way, a great way to spend a lot of time if you're bored or needing some creative inspiration.



Curiobot has some really, really, really cool products found around the web. If I had the money, I would be spending much of it on weird things from here and from PerpetualKid.com.


.... TO BE CONTINUED.

0 comments:

Post a Comment