Friday, January 7, 2011

"Reflections" (a song by Christina Aguilera, heard in the film 'Mulan')


Just kidding, Christina Aguilera has nothing to do with my blog post. Tricked you, didn't I?! Ha! I'm good, I really, really am. Wowee.

I think about my life quite a bit at night; by night, I mean 2am or later. I reflect on things that have happened throughout my twenty-five long years on the planet, thinking about the way things once were at various ages. There are many events that have shaped my being, as cliché as that sounds. I could really get into the details here and spend a good hour mapping out entire memories, but a) that would take a long time, b) some of those memories are unpleasant, and c) nobody wants to read it. That's understandable, because I'm not a very good storyteller, which is just a fact. That's fine with me.

The memory that has been swirling around in my mind (swirling? swishing? spinning tumbling?) took place when I was a mere twelve years of age, i.e. I was impressionable, awkward, and completely pathetic. As I mentioned above, I'm not going to write out the event or even bother talking much about it at all; I just wanted to talk about talking about it to make you curious.

Not really.

I think the only thing truly lacking in my life is a friend with whom I can do crossword puzzles while nursing a cup of coffee (or, in my case, gulping down a huge iced soy latte within a few minutes). Just imagine my friend and I looking sophisticated and intellectual, glasses on and deep in thought.
(please try to ignore the watermark on this photo, as it's not mine and ideally, I will never wear reading glasses.)

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. I've changed subjects several times and left you with nothing but annoyance with yours truly. If you feel so inclined, send me a gift card for Peet's coffee and a book of crossword puzzles. A snazzy mechanical pencil would be appreciated, as well as any/all of your hard-earned cash. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment