Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Resolutions" (GOALS)

I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions, because how often does anyone really take them seriously for more than a few weeks? I think New Year's GOALS are more appropriate for me, so I won't feel discouraged if I screw up a little bit. Normally I would update my Day Zero Project list, but the site has been down for a while and I don't want to forget any of this before the site works again. That being said, here are quite a few more goals to add to my list.
  1. Limit the amount of money I spend on eating outside of the house, which is usually a LOT. Try to eat out 1x per week, maximum. I know that sounds sort of strict, but I'm not doing well financially, and restaurants drain my bank account!
  2. Limit the amount of money I spend on buying coffee outside of the house! No more than $10 per week on coffee! Ideally, it will get to the point that I can brew all of my own coffee, but realistically, I'm sure I will want the occasional coffee drink while I'm already out.
  3. Keep my receipts for everything. Track how my money is spent and where it's going! Starting today, I will keep note of what I spend, including printing receipts for things purchased online.
  4. Try to read at least one new book per month. That sounds pathetic, but I haven't been reading enough, and that goal sounds realistic.
  5. Work five hours each day Monday through Friday. 25 hours per week will leave me with a decent enough paycheck (for the time being).
  6. Make appointments with all of the doctors I need to see (there are a LOT). This is another way of reminding myself to take my health much more seriously this year. My heart, knees, and teeth all need some attention.
  7. Take my vegan diet more seriously. I became vegan four years ago for a reason, and I want to start fresh with a new perspective. No more vegan "substitutes" (i.e. baked goods, soy products made to look like meat, cheese, etc). Those are just as unhealthy as their dairy-counterparts.
  8. Make more of an effort with my friendships, despite how tired I feel (which really held me back in 2010).
  9. TRY to normalize my sleep schedule as much as possible. I will never be an early riser, and I am fine with that. However, waking up at noon is totally unhealthy, and I would like to try to wake up sometime before 12pm daily. Easier said than done when your bedtime is four or 5am.
That's what I have so far, and I'm going to do my best to take those goals seriously. It's going to be very important for me to stop seeing everything in black and white, because that is what always causes me to lose sight of my goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment